Lead Rein competitors not to have attained 10th or 6th birthdays on 1st January.
All ages as of 1st January.
First Ridden – pony under 13.2hh – rider 12 years and under. First season may run alongside lead rein, one season
thereafter as a FYFR ridden and a final season as First Ridden, this is to be entered in the spirit it is intended as the
committee like to see the progression of our young riders.
Beginners Jumping classes – confidence building class for genuine horse/rider requirements.
Mini W/H – pony 13.2hh and under – rider 13 years and under.
Class 4 – an ideal class for confidence building of horse/rider (canter allowed in individual show).
Class 14 – no outside assistance allowed.
**Lead Rein competitors MUST be on the Lead Rein at ALL TIMES on the showground
other than in the Step Up and Mini W/H Class**
**Competitors can only compete in two concurrent Show Jumping/Working Hunter classes**
1. The committee will not accept any responsibility for any accident or damage to property. Also anyone crossing the
middle road between the showgrounds does so at their own risk.
2 Correct riding dress must be worn by all competitors and anyone mounted on the showground, a minimum of HALF
SLEEVES is required if jackets are not being worn in hot weather, this will be at the discretion of the Judge.
3. Any person found ill-treating any animal will be barred from future shows.
4. Horses/ponies under 3 years old are only eligible for In Hand classes.
5. The committee reserve the right to measure any animal unless provided with a Life Height Certificate.
6. Stallions to be handled by persons over 16 years old and under strict control at all times.
7. All animals that are known to kick must wear a red ribbon. (It is the rider/handler’s responsibility to keep the animal
in an appropriate space)
8. The committee may alter or amend the schedule or classes at any given time.
9. All objections to be lodged with the secretary by a member accompanied by £10 and brought to the Chairperson’s
attention within 30 minutes of the event in question.
10. No unauthorised persons allowed in the ring without permission from officials.
11. Members may compete non-competitive at the Judge’s discretion. Entry to be paid in full and competitors may not
compete in later classes.
12. All leaders of Lead Rein competitors must have attained their 14th birthday.
13. All riders must wear up-to-date strapped safety hats unless a disclaimer has been signed, disclaimer for adults only.
14. All dogs to be kept on leads.
15. The judge’s decision is final.
16. No refunds of entries will be made.
17. Competitors to attend four shows and have competed as a combination to qualify for trophies.
18. Lead Rein ponies are not to exceed 12.2hh, except Working Hunter which is 13hh.
19. No spurs or whips in Games and Handy Pony.
20. The committee reserve the right to refuse entry into any class.
21. Visitors with non-competing horses must fill in the visitors’ book and pay first aid. They will be provided with a green
band to be worn at all times whilst on the showground. Band to be returned to cabin when leaving the ground.
22. Horses to be in walk unless in a warm-up area or ring.
23. Members will be allocated a season back number, this will also be your membership number. (It will be laminated
and should be worn at all shows, loss of number will incur charge to be replaced)
Although we do our best to prevent clashes between classes sometimes this is unavoidable.
Please inform judges ASAP so a decision can be made.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all our members success for the coming season at Kirkby Riding Club and
other events. May I also express my thanks to all those involved in the running of the club and especially the judges who
have taken time out of their already busy schedules.
Chairperson Vicky Law